You Missed One
I was surprised to see the omission of Banco Popular North America in your special report "Banking on Latinos" (Sept. 27).
Banco Popular is a strong community bank with its origins in San Juan, Puerto Rico. We have been serving the community for over 105 years. Actually, we are ranked as the 35th financial institution in the United States with over $23 billion in assets. This makes us the largest Hispanic financial institution in America. Our branches can be found in New York, New Jersey, Florida, Illinois, Texas and California.
In California we have a total of 17 branches in high concentrated Hispanic areas. Our goal is to reach a total of 100 branches by the year 2003. Our main offices for the California region are in the city of Santa Fe Springs.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Tuesday Rundown: Americas United Bank Agrees To Buy Banc of California Branches, Pacific Commerce Bank Names New COO
- Rare Hispanic Bank Opening In Los Angeles
- VANS---Blue-Collar Workers Targeted With Curbside Bank Service
- Activists Oppose Banc of California Acquisitions
- Bank’s SoCal Branches Reach Out to ‘Community’
- Latino Business Chamber Joins Crowded L.A. Field