Riot Games creates gaming association; Simran Sethi vacates Netflix post; Boring Co. to build Las Vegas tunnel
Elon Musk’s Hawthorne-based tunneling firm, Boring Co., secured a $48.7 million contract to construct a high-speed transit tunnel underneath Las Vegas. The Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority agreed to the contract on May 22, Business Insider reports. The project marks the Boring Co.’s first tunnel project with a paying customer.
Riot Games created an organization to govern college esports called the Riot Scholastic Association of America. The association will govern all Riot Games’ high school and collegiate esports competitions and work to “align with the goals of schools,” and create an inclusive student gamer community, Socaltech reports. Sawtelle-based Riot Games will help the new organization scale its operations competitively.
Simran Sethi, Netflix's Los Angeles-based director of original programming in India, quit yesterday. Sethi resigned because Netflix reportedly prefers its Indian executives be located in India, according to Variety,. which said Sethi chose to remain in the United States where she grew up. Sethi, who has been with Netflix since 2017, will step down after a transition period.
Tech reporter Samson Amore can be reached at email@example.com or (323) 556-8335. Follow him on Twitter @samsonamore.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report March 13: Musk's Vegas People Mover Project Approved
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 12: Musk, Garcetti Chat Boring Co. Projects
- Silicon Beach Report Jan. 23: Viacom Purchases Pluto TV
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 26: Dray Alliance Hauls in $3.5 Million
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 13: Singularity 6 Raises $2.5 Million
- Silicon Beach Report May 18: Musk Goes Deep on Boring Co. Plans
- Silicon Beach Report Jan. 17: Netflix Grows Subscriber Base
- Silicon Beach Report Jan. 15: Netflix Hikes Prices