Team SoloMid partners with Lenovo; Feather spreads its wings in L.A.; CareerArc grows, names new executives
Recruiting software developer CareerArc Inc., based in Burbank, has increased its staff by roughly 20%, Socaltech reports. The company raised a $30 million venture round led by Peak Equity Partners in January 2019. CareerArc also appointed two new executives; Vice President of Marketing Linda Souza and Yair Riemer, president of its career transition services division.
VentureBeat reports Santa Monica-based esports club Team SoloMid will get a new gaming lounge sponsored by Hong Kong-based personal technology hardware firm Lenovo Group Ltd. The lounge is being constructed inside Team SoloMid’s existing 25,000 square-foot facility in Los Angeles and will feature Lenovo branding. The deal is similar to a recent partnership between esports club Team Liquid and hardware manufacturer Alienware, which contributed hardware 8,000-square-foot training Alienware Training Facility at the team’s L.A. headquarters.
Online furniture rental company Feather Home Inc., based in New York, finalized a $12 million series A raise to bring its services to L.A. The company’s short-term furniture rental subscription was already available in Seattle, but Chief Executive Jay Reno told BuiltInLA that expanding further south was important because “L.A. has a lot of people who move very frequently, and a lot of them belong to our biggest customer demographics.”
Tech reporter Samson Amore can be reached at email@example.com or (323) 556-8335. Follow him on Twitter @samsonamore.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report May 22: Precellerator Begins New Class
- Silicon Beach Report March 3: Disney Plus Hires Product VP
- Silicon Beach Report May 10: Chrome River develops U.S. Bank app
- Silicon Beach Report Jan. 28: TSM Parent Acquires Blitz App
- Silicon Beach Report May 8: Neural Analytics Gains $22 Million
- Axiomatic Gaming Gains $21 Million
- Michael Jordan, Declaration Capital Invest in Axiomatic
- Cloud9 Plans New Esports Facility