Musk trial date set; “Fortnite” hits the Forum, XPrize announces new competition
Marina Del Rey-based XPrize Foundation has a new award supported by governor Gavin Newsom, The Business Journal reports. The new competition will award between $5 million and $20 million to a company that can develop technology to detect and suppress fires before they blaze out of control, and will be launched by early 2020.
Elon Musk is due to appear in California Central District Court October 22, to settle a defamation suit brought by a British cave diver Musk called a pedophile on social media. The feud began last year when Musk inappropriately retaliated against Vernon Unsworth, a diver sent to rescue a team of lost Thai boys who had criticized Musk’s plan to save them with a tiny submarine. According to The Verge, Musk could be in even hotter water after sending an email to BuzzFeed alleging that Unsworth had moved to Thailand “for a child bride.”
Beverly Hills-based Endeavor and Cary, N.C.-based Epic Games will host a “Fortnite” themed event at the Forum beginning June 15, according to the Hollywood Reporter. The event is Epic Games’ first major event, spanning two days and featuring a star-studded (and largely Endeavor-represented) cast of professional gamers and musicians. Endeavor will also oversee operations of Epic’s upcoming “Fortnite World Cup” tournament this July.
Tech reporter Samson Amore can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or (323) 556-8335. Follow him on Twitter @samsonamore.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- XPrize Announces New Award for Wildfire Prevention
- Silicon Beach Report July 16: Netflix Shares Plummet
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 11: Boring Engineers Use Xbox Controller for Digging
- Xprize Names Anousheh Ansari Chief Executive
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 14: Snapchat Gives Creators AR Power
- Silicon Beach Report May 23: Boring Co. Contracted for Las Vegas Tunnel
- Silicon Beach Report July 9: Snap Builds Camera Search
- Silicon Beach Report June 22: Tinder Becomes More Specific