Disney plans to seal vault; Brooks hired at QuiBi; Stamps.com reveals stock repurchase agreement
Burbank-based entertainment giant Walt Disney Co. plans to launch its own subscription streaming service later this year, which will include “movies, television and original product” according to ArsTechnica, which says the streaming service will eventually contain the entire Disney visual library. The “Disney Vault” was a marketing strategy run by the company to encourage viewers to buy physical copies of Disney films during a limited time before they were locked away. The program will end once the streaming outfit opens.
El Segundo-based on-demand postage firm Stamps.com Inc. announced March 8 its board agreed to a share repurchase plan effective March 14 that will allow the company to buy back approximately $60 million in stock. The repurchasing period ends Sept. 14 and follows Stamps.com’s Feb. 22 announcement during an earnings call that it would cut ties with its main business partner, the U.S. Postal Service, in order to offer parcel delivery through other shipping companies that offer faster parcel delivery.
Former senior vice president of CBS Television Becky Brooks has jumped ship to Jeffery Katzenberg’s short-form television outfit QuiBi, according to Variety. Brooks will work with Ryan Kadro, former executive producer of “CBS This Morning,” and lead lifestyle, fashion and health topic coverage for QuiBi.
Tech reporter Samson Amore can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or (323) 556-8335. Follow him on Twitter @samsonamore.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report March 12: Pritzker Group Leads Livly Investment
- Silicon Beach Report March 19: Backstage Capital Backtracks
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 10: Katzenberg TV Company Gets a Name
- Silicon Beach Report Dec. 10: TrueCar Acquires DealerScience for $27 Million
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 28: Greycroft Leads Beam Funding Round
- Silicon Beach Report Dec. 26: Katzenberg Hires More Quibi Executives
- Silicon Beach Report Dec. 28: Reed Hastings’ $2.1 Million Christmas Gift