A portfolio company of Beverly Hills-based private equity firm Platinum Equity has purchased Cincinnati-based label-making company Multi-Color Corp.
Multi-Color has been folded into Platinum Equity’s WS Packaging Group Inc., headquartered in Green Bay, Wis. WS Packaging is another label and packaging manufacturer. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Nigel Vinecombe, executive chairman of Multi-Color’s board of directors since January 2016, has been named chief executive for the combined company, bringing more than 35 years of label industry experience to the role.
Multi-Color reported $2.2 billion in annual revenue last year and employs 10,000 people. As of July 1, Multi-Color became a privately held company, with trading stopped in shares of its stock after the Nasdaq market close on July 10.
Founded in 1995 by Tom Gores, Platinum Equity is a global investment firm with roughly $13 billion of assets under management and a portfolio of approximately 40 operating companies.
Finance reporter Pat Maio can be reached at email@example.com or (323) 556-8329.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Platinum Equity Purchases Multi-Color Corp. for $2.5 Billion
- Platinum Equity Completes $630M Acquisition of Lonza Water Care Business
- Platinum Equity Acquires WS Packaging Group
- PLATINUM’S $2.5 BILLION BUY
- Platinum Equity Completes $2.1 Billion Acquisition of LifeScan From Johnson & Johnson
- Platinum Equity to Sell Artesyn’s Embedded Power Business to Advanced Energy
- Platinum Equity Completes $1.3B Purchase of Jostens
- Beverly Hills PE Firm Regent Buys French Cycling Company Mavic