Cow-orking company Spaces and real estate firm Compass have signed leases totaling 71,000 square feet in Pasadena, CBRE Group Inc. announced Jan. 31.
The leases are for the Playhouse Plaza office building at 680 E. Colorado Blvd.
CBRE’s Todd Doney and Ryan Pettersen represented the landlord, BIT Playhouse Plaza.
Spaces signed a 130-month lease for 48,831 square feet spread across the ground floor and second level. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
The average asking rent for Class A buildings in Pasadena was $3.30 a square foot during the fourth quarter, according to data from Jones Lang LaSalle Inc., which puts the lease value at roughly $21 million. CBRE’s Matt Heyn represented Spaces in the transaction.
Spaces is owned by IWG. The location is expected to open in August.
Spaces has been growing in L.A. It was announced Jan. 29 that the co-working company had signed a nearly 70,000-square-foot lease for the Water Garden in Santa Monica.
Compass added 22,242 square feet to its lease at the Playhouse Plaza, taking down the entire fourth floor. Savills Studley’s David Gordon represented Compass in the lease.
Commercial real estate reporter Hannah Madans can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow her on Twitter @HannahMadans
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- WeWork Opening New 116K SF Space in Santa Monica
- Spaces Takes Santa Monica, Pasadena Leases
- Co-Working Company Spaces Taking Nearly 70K SF at Water Garden in Santa Monica
- Alibaba Signs Pasadena Lease
- Miro Signs 7K SF Lease for US Headquarters in the Arts District
- Chinese E-Vendor Picks Pasadena for Pictures Push
- CommonGrounds Expands LA Coworking Footprint with Downtown Lease
- Ghost Management Group Signs 115K SF Arts District Lease