Following the Jan. 15 news that Chief Financial Officer Tim Stone will resign after eight months on the job, Santa Monica-based Snap Inc. appointed Lara Sweet as interim CFO.
Sweet joined the camera company in 2016 and has served as chief accounting officer and controller. Her new role entails supervision of the finance, accounting and people teams at Snap, and she will report to Chief Executive Evan Spiegel.
“I look forward to continuing to support Snap in my expanded role and working with my colleagues to deliver meaningful progress on executing our financial goals,” Sweet said in a press release.
Stone will remain with the company through the transition until the Feb. 5 release of Snap’s fiscal year 2018 financial results.
“As we execute on our next phase of growth and scale our business for the long term, we remain highly focused on ensuring we have the right leaders in place to help us achieve our vision for the future. Lara has intricate knowledge of our financial procedures and controls, and she will provide seamless continuity to the finance team while we continue our search for a permanent CFO,” Spiegel said.
Tech reporter Samson Amore can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or (323) 556-8335. Follow him on Twitter @samsonamore.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Snap CFO Resigns
- Snap Chief Financial Officer Resigns
- Silicon Beach Report May 20: Snap Hires New CFO, HR Leads
- Snap Hires New Communications Officer
- SRAX Financial Officer Departs
- Silicon Beach Report April 22: ZipRecruiter Executive Resigns Amid Misconduct Allegations
- Silicon Beach Report May 24: Snap Hires New Diversity Lead
- Snap Inc. Revenue Beats Expectations, Draws Down Losses