The Valley Economic Alliance released a disaster preparedness guide Friday during an event at California State University — Northridge.
The guide, titled “Are You Prepared? Shift Happens!,” aims to help Valley business prepare for earthquakes, fires, floods, power outages and other emergencies. It was compiled in a partnership with the Valley Nonprofit Resources and Cal State University — Northridge College of Social and Behavioral Sciences.
Former Alliance President Bill Allen, who spearheaded the guide, said the release date was meant to coincide with the 25th anniversary of the founding of the Alliance in the wake of the Northridge Earthquake.
“I wouldn’t have conceived of this earthquake guide if it hadn’t been for my experience helping small businesses and my own business recover from the earthquake 25 years ago,” Allen told the Business Journal. “We realized we need a current, up-to-date guide to distribute electronically and in hard copy to every business in this Valley.”
Speakers at the event included Institute for Sustainable Development Chief Executive Stephen Jordan, Los Angeles Fire Department Deputy Chief Trevor Richmond and Montage Insurance Solutions Chief Executive Danone Simpson.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Guarding Against Disaster
- Investing in Quake Safety Now Will Pay Dividends Later
- Prepping for LA’s Next Earthquake
- The Cost Of Disaster
- LABJ FORUM: Duck and Cover
- Human Resources, Staffing & Employment: As We Recover From the Latest Wildfires, It’s Time to Change the “Preparedness” Message
- Debatable Point: How to Get to the Best Level of Preparedness