It’s official. Google is nabbing even more space in L.A. The tech giant has agreed to lease the entirety of Hudson Pacific Properties and Macerich’s 584,000-square-foot Westside Pavilion redevelopment. The long-rumored lease was announced by the companies Jan. 8.
Google will move into the project when it is completed in 2022. The lease will last for around 14 years.
“Google’s been a proud member of the Los Angeles community since 2003. We’re excited to continue investing in the community as part of Hudson Pacific and Macerich’s adaptive reuse project at One Westside,” said RG Kahoe, Google’s real estate project executive for the Southwest, in a statement.
The former Westside Pavilion mall will be called One Westside. It is being designed by architecture firm Gensler. In addition to creative office space, it will also have a rooftop with amenities.
Construction is expected to begin later this year.
“We are thrilled to expand our relationship with Google and are proud to support this significant phase of their growth,” said Victor Coleman, chairman and CEO of Hudson Pacific Properties, in a statement. “Google’s selection of One Westside demonstrates the strength of the Los Angeles tech and media industries and exemplifies the type of creative office space that is in demand from large tech and media tenants. One Westside also demonstrates Hudson Pacific’s ability to identify and swiftly execute on large-scale and complex investment and adaptive-reuse opportunities to meet that growing demand.”
Commercial real estate reporter Hannah Madans can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow her on Twitter @HannahMadans
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Google Leasing Westside Pavilion
- Who's Building L.A. (June 4): Hudson Pacific Properties and Macerich Form Joint Venture to Redevelop Westside Pavilion as Creative Office in West Los Angeles
- Hudson Pacific Properties, Macerich to Redevelop Westside Pavilion
- Arthur M. Coppola
- Netflix to Take Over All Commercial Space at the Academy in Hollywood
- Profitable Deal Bubbles Up for Coca-Cola Building
- Westside Pavilion Faces Vacancies, Debt Pressures
- Google’s Santa Monica Offices Click With Buyer