Beyond Meat Inc., based in El Segundo, announced Jan. 2 it linked with CKE Restaurant Holdings Inc., the parent company of fast-food chain Carl’s Jr., to offer meatless burgers at 1,000 Carl’s Jr. restaurants nationwide.
“We know people are looking for options – in fact, roughly one-third of consumers identify as flexitarians – and we’re thrilled to partner with Beyond Meat to bring more delicious, irresistible flavors to our menu,” said CKE Restaurants Chief Executive Jason Marker. in a statement. “The new Beyond Famous Star is a true industry game changer, and we’re proud to add it to our roster.”
The 100 percent plant-based patty will retail for $6.29 at participating restaurants.
Tech reporter Samson Amore can be reached at email@example.com or (323) 556-8335. Follow him on Twitter @samsonamore.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Meatless Movement
- Beyond Meat Gets Sizzling Wall Street Reception
- Carl’s Jr. Advertisements Ready for Another Look
- Corporate Parent of Fast-Food Chains Decides to Play Favorites
- Carl's Jr. Bad-Mouths Big Macs
- Quick Reversal for Owner of Fast-Food Chains?
- Beyond Meat Q1 Performance Beats Analyst Expectations
- Same-Store Sales Rise for CKE