Activision Blizzard Inc. announced a new chief financial officer on Jan. 2 two days after it fired the old chief financial officer.
The Santa Monica-based video game giant announced that it named Dennis Durkin to the post. Durkin has been Activision’s chief operating officer, and from 2012 to 2017 served as the company’s chief financial officer.
Activision fired Spencer Neumann as chief financial officer Dec. 31st. The company has declined to give the reason for the dismissal, but said it was not related to Activision’s financial performance.
Neumann quickly landed on his feet. Netflix Inc. announced Jan. 2 that it hired Neumann as the motion picture streaming giant’s chief financial officer.
Media and entertainment reporter Matthew Blake can be reached at (323)556-8332 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report Jan. 2: Activision Appoints New CFO
- Lions Gate Cuts Jobs, Production Co. Deal
- Activision Under Siege
- Silicon Beach Report Jan. 9: Bird Seeks Additional $300 Million
- Activision Blizzard Hires Microsoft Veteran as CFO
- Paris Ad Agency Buys Hollywood's Battery
- Silicon Beach Report Jan. 11: Blizzard, NetEase Expanding Publishing Deal
- Video Game Giant Scores New Santa Monica Deal