UCLA Health opened a new cardiovascular practice downtown on Feb. 25 to offer a full range of heart-health services within the city center.
The 2,400-square-foot UCLA Health Cardiology at 1400 S. Grand Ave. precedes a much larger UCLA Health clinic expected to open downtown this fall.
“As a team, we are excited to provide comprehensive heart care to the growing downtown community,” said Dr. Ravi Dave, one of three UCLA Health cardiologists to initially serve the clinic. The other physicians include Dr. Nidhi Thareja and Dr. Jonathan S. Gordin.
The 14th UCLA Cardiology practice will eventually feature up to seven heart specialists and staff operating within five exam rooms and a lab for treadmill EKGS, echocardiograms and other tests.
Comprehensive care includes general cardiology and women’s heart-health services, angioplasty, stent placement and hospital follow-up care.
The heart clinic is expected to be joined downtown this fall by a 25,000 square-foot UCLA Health-Downtown LA primary care clinic at The Bloc Los Angeles at 750 W. 7th Street.
The new UCLA Health clinic, one of more than 200 from Ventura to Orange counties, will also offer a full range of health care specialties, including hematology-oncology services.
Health business reporter Dana Bartholomew can be reached at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @_DanaBart.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- UCLA OPENS HEART PRACTICE IN DTLA
- Keck Medicine of USC to Acquire Los Angeles Cardiology Associates
- TOP DOCTORS LOS ANGELES: CARDIOLOGY
- Cedars-Sinai to Deliver Primary Care Services to Santa Monica
- UCLA Receives $2.7 Million to Help Adults With HIV Ward Off Heart Disease
- KECK ACQUIRES CARDIOLOGY GROUP
- USC’s Keck Medicine Opening New Outpatient Clinic in the San Gabriel Valley
- Report: Children’s Hospital L.A. Ranked No. 1 Kid’s Hospital in the West