Web security firm Signal Sciences, operating in Culver City, announced Feb. 5 it raised $35 million in a Series C funding round led by Lead Edge Capital, bringing its total funding to $62 million since its 2014 incorporation.
Signal Sciences reports the funds will be used to accelerate market and product expansion to match customer demand, which it reports has tripled year-over-year since 2017. According to the firm, its web application firewall technology protects over one trillion web requests per month.
U.K.-based Index Ventures, Mill Valley-headquartered OATV Management Co., and Harrison Metal Capital, based in San Francisco, participated in the round.
“We’re doubling down on engineering innovation and partnerships to deliver maximum security value for our customers as well as expanding key areas of our business to drive continued growth,” said Signal Sciences Chief Executive Andrew Peterson in a statement.
The company also added Lorrie Norrington, operating partner at Lead Edge Capital and former president of eBay Inc., to its board of directors.
Tech reporter Samson Amore can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or (323) 556-8335. Follow him on Twitter @samsonamore.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Westwood Tech Repair Firm Raises $20 Million
- 3L Capital Raises $217 Million Fund to Invest in Local Startups
- Greycroft Partners Leads Beam in $5 Million Series A
- AppOnBoard Closes $15 Million Series B
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 7: Goat Nabs Foot Locker Investment
- Silicon Beach Report Jan. 20: Former Snap Executive Launches New Venture
- Silicon Beach Report Dec. 11: AppOnboard Raises $15 Million
- Virtual Influencer Maker Raises Nearly $20M