Downey-based Kirkhill Manufacturing Co., makers of rubber compounds used by the aerospace, medical and automotive industries has been acquired by Swedish competitor, Hexpol, for $49 million.
Kirkhill, which also does business as Kirkhill Rubber, reported its annual sales at $46 million.
Kirkhill will move its Downey operations to a recently acquired facility in Long Beach. Another facility in Athens, Ga., will move to a Hexpol site in the U.S., the company said.
Manufacturing, retail and trade reporter Shwanika Narayan can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 323-556-8351. Follow her on Twitter @shwanika.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Jaanuu Launches Scrubs Collection for Men
- Clearlake Capital Portfolio Company Acquires Amcor Industries
- Network Infrastructure Manufacturer Acquired
- Packaging Company Boxes Up Distributor
- CMA CGM to Sell 90 Percent Stake in Port of L.A. Terminal for $817 Million
- OpenGate Capital to Sell Nakan for $265 Million
- Pomona Manufacturer Analytical Industries Acquired by Battery Ventures
- Jakks Pacific Still Considering Meisheng’s Acquisition Offer