Boring Co. found a way to dig tunnels with an Xbox controller – and then filmed it; Tinder will share its “Top Picks” with all; gear up for a “Call of Duty” battle royale coming soon
If you thought that video game controllers were just for games, think again. Elon Musk’s tunneling and transportation outfit the Boring Co. released video on its Twitter account Sept. 10 showing engineers running the tunnel digging machine with a Microsoft Inc. Xbox One controller. As Socaltech reports, the controller’s ability to easily map controls and connect to almost any hardware eliminates engineering concerns raised from building the digging controls from scratch — that is, if the controller continues to work.
Match Group Inc.’s West Hollywood-based dating app Tinder reported today it will distribute its “Top Picks” service worldwide to all subscribers of Tinder Gold. The service identifies and promotes profiles based on the user’s profile information and match habits. Non-paying members can receive one top pick daily, while Gold members may access multiple picks. A Tinder Gold subscription costs roughly $14 per month.
In a move to rival Epic Games Inc.’s powerhouse (and free) battle royale game “Fortnite,” Activision Blizzard Inc. announced Sept. 11 it has a “Call of Duty: Black Ops 4” battle royale-style game in the works and ready for release Oct. 12. Shares of Activision Blizzard jumped nearly 6 percent following the announcement; and CNBC Technology reports analyst Mike Hickey predicts the new battle mode could generate more than $500 million in annual incremental sales.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 14: Snapchat Gives Creators AR Power
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 12: Bird Taps Uber for Executive Hires
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 16: Sony Skipping E3
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 5: AeroVironment Lands $13 Million Contract
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 22: Trivia App Nets $250,000
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 13: Singularity 6 Raises $2.5 Million
- Silicon Beach Report Jan. 18: Netflix Releases Q4 Earnings
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 7: Activision Blizzard to Open Burbank E-Sports Arena