Jeffrey Katzenberg’s latest investment is a digital and mobile privacy security company.
WndrCo, Katzenberg’s technology and entertainment holding company, announced Sept. 5 that it lead a $295 million investment in Menlo Park-based AnchorFree Inc.
AnchorFree describes itself as the, “first company to bring enterprise-level privacy and security products to consumer mobile devices, helping to protect their identities and data online.”
Other investors in the funding round include Accel Partners, 8VC and Green Bay Ventures.
Katzenberg, a co-founder of DreamWorks Animation, launched WnderCo last year. The venture has so far publicly focused on $1 billion that has been raised for NewTV, which Katzenberg has described as a professionally produced alternative to short-form online videos. WndrCo has offices in Los Angeles and San Francisco.
Katzenberg is No. 44 on the Los Angeles Business Journal’s list of Wealthiest Angelenos with an estimated net worth of $1.6 billion.
Media and entertainment reporter Matthew Blake can be reached at (323)556-8332 or email@example.com
You May Also Like
- Katzenberg’s WndrCo Raises $1B for Short-Form Video Platform NewTV
- Deals & Dealmakers: WndrCo’s Privacy Play
- Jeffrey Katzenberg
- 44. Jeffrey Katzenberg
- Silicon Beach Report Jan. 26: Jeffrey Katzenberg Raises Nearly $600M for New Fund
- Silicon Beach Report: Meg Whitman Tapped as Chief Executive of Katzenberg’s WndrCo
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 8: Walt Disney to Pull Content from Netflix and Launch Streaming Service
- LA 500: Jeffrey Katzenberg