An Emmy for Blue Microphones; Netflix work environment under the microscope; Faraday Future initiates widespread layoffs
Westlake Village-based Blue Microphones Holding Corp., which manufactures audio production hardware, won an Outstanding Achievement in Engineering Emmy for its headphones, called the Mix-Fi. Engadget reported on Oct. 25 that Blue’s headphones are the first to win the award and that they have been used by crews on Home Box Office Inc.’s “Westworld” television show, as well as films by producer J.J. Abrams.
Reports issued on Oct. 25 indicate that Netflix Inc. employees allege Netflix’s corporate culture is rife with fear, cultural insensitivity, cryptic lingo, and a near-militant insistence on loyalty and high performance. That said, the Wall Street Journal reports that rapid turnover is typical of young, financially fluctuating startups like Hollywood-located Netflix, which seeks to borrow an additional $2 billion to finance its ever-growing slate of “Netflix Original” programming.
Gardena-based electric vehicle manufacturer Faraday & Future Inc. has cut pay by 20 percent for remaining employees after laying off several without severance, the Verge reports. After receiving permission to raise an additional $500 million (independent of a tumultuous $2 billion deal with China’s Evergrande Group), Faraday Future initiated the staff cuts. Faraday Future has raised $2.5 billion since its inception in April 2014.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report Dec. 4: Faraday Future Faces More Furloughs
- Silicon Beach Report Dec. 17: Court Freezes Faraday Future CEO’s Assets
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 30: Executive Exits at Faraday Future
- Faraday Co-Founder Resigns
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 27: Faraday Future Continues Furloughs
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 30: Bankruptcy on Horizon for Faraday Future?
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 17: Faraday Future May Cut Electric Car Racing Team to Save Cash
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 8: Faraday Future Weighs Options