Quibi, the short-form video platform financed by Jeffrey Katzenberg and headed by Meg Whitman, will lease 49,000 square feet in Hollywood for its station headquarters, according to an Oct. 24 press release.
The company will move in as soon as February to the address at 959 N. Seward St.
Katzenberg, the former chief executive of DreamWorks Animation and Walt Disney Studios, announced the Quibi name, short for “quick bites,” at the Vanity Fair New Establishment Summit last week.
WndrCo, a holding company formed by Katzenberg and other former DreamWorks Animation executives, previously announced $1 billion in financing that it raised for its short-form video project.
The service, which bills itself as exhibiting videos that are less than 10 minutes with high-end production values, is set to launch sometime next year.
Media and entertainment reporter Matthew Blake can be reached at (323)556-8332 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- WndrCo Investments Range Wide
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 10: Katzenberg TV Company Gets a Name
- Katzenberg’s WndrCo Raises $1B for Short-Form Video Platform NewTV
- Silicon Beach Report March 12: Pritzker Group Leads Livly Investment
- JEFFREY KATZENBERG
- Long Road for Short Videos
- Silicon Beach Report Dec. 26: Katzenberg Hires More Quibi Executives
- Jeffrey Katzenberg