Shannon Kelly serves as corporate counsel for Halo Top Creamery, a brand made famous for creating a new “better for you” category in ice cream, with each of its pints containing about 300 calories, compared to 1,000+ calories for the average pint.
In her role at Halo Top Creamery, Kelly manages all legal aspects for the rapidly growing, highly successful company, including providing counsel on matters related to advertising and marketing, employment law, intellectual property, food law, and FDA compliance. She has significant expertise in emerging food and beverage brands and in her role at Halo Top, she is in charge of managing the legal aspects of running a company that outsources a majority of its operation and is engaged in rapid international expansion. Though Halo Top was founded by two lawyers, Kelly is the only employee dedicated full-time to handling the company’s legal matters, from regulatory to trademark to litigation to contract review issues.
You May Also Like
- Fastest Growing Private Companies: Halo Is Tops
- Low-Calorie Halo Top Ice Cream Has Proved Hot Sales Item
- Leaders in Law 2018: In-House Counsel Nominees - Rahwa Ghebre-Ab
- Leaders in Law 2018: In-House Counsel Nominees - Cori Cardwell
- Leaders in Law 2018: In-House Counsel Nominees - Lisa L. Kim
- Leaders in Law Finalists - Corporate Counsel Awards: PRIVATE COMPANY CORPORATE COUNSEL
- Leaders in Law Finalists - Corporate Counsel Awards: NON-PROFIT CORPORATE COUNSEL
- Digital Hot, Ice Cream Cool