Philippe Phaneuf is Gensler’s General Counsel and Corporate Secretary. He is responsible for Gensler’s legal, compliance, and risk management strategies. In his role as Corporate Secretary, Phaneuf provides guidance to the firm’s Board of Directors. Prior to joining Gensler, he was a partner at Dechert, where he served as strategic and transactional counsel for clients including Capital One, Abercrombie & Kent, and Fortress Investment Group. Philippe graduated from Harvard College and attended Berkeley Law and the Faculty of Law at the University of Toronto.
In addition to serving as a past board member of Equality California, Phaneuf has participated in numerous pro bono initiatives, most notably as one of the authors of a brief to the California Supreme Court arguing against Proposition 8 on behalf of Google, Levi Strauss & Co., H5 and the San Francisco Chamber of Commerce.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Leaders in Law Finalists - Corporate Counsel Awards: PRIVATE COMPANY CORPORATE COUNSEL
- Leaders in Law 2018 Winners: Public Large Company In-House Counsel of the Year - Jared Wolff
- Leaders in Law 2018: In-House Counsel Nominees - Lisa L. Kim
- Top L.A. Corporate Counsels Facing Maze of Litigation
- Leaders in Law Finalists - Corporate Counsel Awards: NON-PROFIT CORPORATE COUNSEL
- Leaders in Law Honorees - Corporate Counsel Awards: CHADWICK HO
- Leaders in Law 2018 Winners: Public Mid-Size Company In-House Counsel of the Year - Lisa L. Kim