First rocket touchdown for SpaceX; Faraday and Evergrande dispute; “Twin Peaks” comes to virtual reality
Gardena-based electric vehicle manufacturer Faraday Future Inc. has showed signs of desire to back out of a deal with Hong Kong-based Evergrande Health Industry Ltd., The Los Angeles Times reports. Faraday Future received a $2 billion bailout from Evergrande in June, $800 million of which Faraday Future spent in seven months. Faraday alleges they are owed another $700 by Evergrande, which in turn accused Faraday of trying to get out of the deal. Faraday also accused Evergrande (which has a 45 percent stake in the car manufacturer) of preventing it from seeking other financing options.
Things might be tumultuous for Elon Musk’s other companies, but Space Exploration Technologies Corp. is soaring – literally. The Hawthorne-based outfit launched (and – for the first time on the West Coast – landed) a rocket carrying a SAOCOM 1A satellite for Argentina from Vandenberg Air Force Base, Socaltech reports.
David Lynch, the director behind popular cult television series “Twin Peaks” will adapt some of his trademark scenes to virtual reality, according to VentureBeat. Set to premier at Lynch’s two-day Los Angeles Festival of Disruption on Oct. 13, the experiential scenes will also be made available via Facebook Inc.’s Oculus Rift and HTC Corp.’s Vive headsets as well as Valve Corp.’s game platform, Steam.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report Dec. 1: SpaceX Aims to Resume Flights on Dec. 16
- Silicon Beach Report Dec. 4: Faraday Future Faces More Furloughs
- Silicon Beach Report June 5: Faraday Future Plans to Race FF 91 to Top of Pikes Peak
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 7: Riot Games Sued
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 30: Bankruptcy on Horizon for Faraday Future?
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 3: Faraday Future Signs Battery Supply Agreement with LG Chem
- Silicon Beach Report Jan. 2: Spotify Hit with $1.6 Billion Lawsuit from L.A. Music Publisher
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 20: TX Zhuo and Eva Ho Raising $50M for Fika Ventures