Jennifer J. Banks is Co-Chief Operating Officer, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary for Alexandria Real Estate Equities. As Co-Chief Operating Officer, Banks oversees the company’s risk management operations. She leads a team that advises the company on a range of legal matters, including acquisitions and dispositions, construction and development, litigation, investment, compliance, intellectual property, leasing, property management, and joint venture. Banks has over 19 years of commercial real estate and related legal experience.
Banks serves as a key legal advisor to Alexandria and has cemented her reputation as a trusted partner and mentor within the organization. She became the first woman in company history to join Alexandria’s executive management team in 2013, and was appointed to co-chief operating officer in April 2018. In her role as Alexandria’s general counsel, she has identified, developed, and implemented legal and compliance framework to lead and grow the company’s in-house legal department.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Leaders in Law 2018 Winners: Public Small Company In-House Counsel of the Year - Jennifer Banks
- Leaders in Law Finalists - Corporate Counsel Awards: PUBLIC COMPANY CORPORATE COUNSEL
- Leaders in Law Finalists - Corporate Counsel Awards: PRIVATE COMPANY CORPORATE COUNSEL
- Leaders in Law 2018 Winners: Public Mid-Size Company In-House Counsel of the Year - Lisa L. Kim
- Leaders in Law 2018: In-House Counsel Nominees - Lisa L. Kim
- Leaders in Law Honorees - Corporate Counsel Awards: FERNANDA L. SCHMID
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: JENNIER WOO BURNS
- Leaders in Law Honorees - Corporate Counsel Awards: LILY YAN HUGHES