Allison Buchner joined Dollar Shave Club in May 2016 as the company’s first General Counsel and led the company through its acquisition by Unilever just two months after joining. As General Counsel, she’s responsible for managing Dollar Shave Club’s legal, regulatory and compliance risks while providing strategic advice to the business across all business functions.
Prior to joining Dollar Shave Club, Buchner spent nearly ten years as a litigator at Kirkland & Ellis LLP, where she became a partner in 2013. Her work at Kirkland focused on intellectual property and false advertising litigation and advice, and she had a robust pro bono practice focusing on special education and disability rights litigation. She is a founding member of the Los Angeles chapter of TechGC, an independent, invitation-only community of General Counsels striving to drive innovation, education and mentorship in the startup and legal industry. She also serves on TechGC’s national steering committee.
You May Also Like
- 2017 CFO Awards Finalist: Dan Murray, Dollar Shave Club
- LA 500: Mike Dubin
- Silicon Beach Report July 13: Spotify Moves to L.A.
- Online Razor Service Proves Cut Above as $1 Billion Acquisition
- Unilever Reportedly Looking to Buy Playa Vista’s Honest Co.
- Leaders in Law 2018: In-House Counsel Nominees - Francesca Brooks
- Different Directions
- Silicon Beach Report July 20: Dollar Shave Club Acquired for $1 Billion