GoForward Inc. opened its second mall-based concierge medical service in Los Angeles County on Nov. 19 with a Forward Glendale office located at the Americana at Brand.
The San Francisco-based health care firm opened the 3,200-square-foot Glendale primary care office a year after opening one at Westfield’s Century City mall.
Each office provides preventative primary care with advanced medical technology, including biometric body scans, genetic testing and real-time blood testing in 12 minutes.
“Our mission at Forward is to equip doctors with the technology they need to take members’ health to a new level focused on high quality, preventative care,” said Adrian Aoun, founder and chief executive of GoFoward Inc., in a statement.
A Forward care membership costs $149 a month. Forward doesn’t accept health insurance and won’t cover outside hospital visits, specialty care and most prescription drugs.
The high-tech concierge company, employing about 40 people including former engineers from Uber Technologies Inc. and Facebook Inc., is backed by backed by $100 million in venture capital. It now has offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Orange County and New York.
Health business reporter Dana Bartholomew can be reached at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @_DanaBart.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Concierge Medicine Meets Retail in Century City
- Digital Medicine Goes Concierge at Westfield Century City
- Cedars-Sinai to Deliver Primary Care Services to Santa Monica
- Ellison Institute Taps Crew for Collaboration
- L.A. Care Awards $2.2M in Grants to Health Care Clinics to Recruit Doctors
- CHA Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center Launches New Eye Care and Research Institute
- Crossing Over
- More Friction in Store at Rival Malls?