O’Melveny & Myers LLP
Apalla Chopra is Chair of O’Melveny’s Labor and Employment Practice, and a member of the firm’s Policy Committee. She specializes in litigating complex multi-plaintiff and class action discrimination and wage and hour cases. Her experience is broad as she has represented clients in cases regarding employee allegations of invasion of privacy, wrongful discharge, and discrimination based on age, race, gender, national origin, physical handicap, and related matters.
In addition, Chopra is among a handful of lawyers colleges and universities turn to for their most complex and high profile legal challenges, including Title IX and Clery Act investigations and follow-on litigation into institutions’ handling of sexual assault allegations, and is handling many of the country’s high-profile workplace misconduct investigations and claims related to the #metoo movement.
She has represented clients in traditional labor matters under the National Labor Relations Act and Educational Employment Relations Act, and has experience negotiating collective bargaining agreements and executive employment contracts.
Chopra’s industry experience is likewise broad, as she has represented companies in the biotechnology, manufacturing, utility, health, retail, hospitality, private and public schools, and entertainment sectors.
In addition to scoring numerous victories in traditional labor and employment cases, Chopra is a leading authority on conducting independent investigations into high-profile allegations of employee misconduct on behalf of companies, boards and special committees, placing her squarely at the center of the national dialogue around sexual harassment. She also is one of the national go-to lawyers for Title IX investigations and follow-on litigation over how universities handle sexual assault allegations.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: IVY KAGAN BIERMAN
- Rick Caruso to Lead USC Board of Trustees
- Leaders in Law Finalists - Attorney Awards: LABOR AND EMPLOYMENT ATTORNEYS
- TECHNICOLOR---Technicolor Hit In Harassment Case by EEOC
- Top Litigators in Los Angeles: MARVIN S. PUTNAM
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: KATE S. GOLD
- Human Resources, Staffing & Employment: A Holiday Stocking for California Businesses - Treats or Lumps of Coal Heading into 2018
- Firms See Business Spike on Harassment Fallout