Culver City-based SnackNation which curates and delivers healthy snacks raised $12 million in a Series B round, the company announced May 30.
L.A.-based 3L Capital led the recent round bringing SnackNation’s total venture funding to $22.5 million.
“With retail shelf space shrinking and people spending less time in brick-and-mortar grocery stores, creating new brand-consumer access points – especially with better-for-you products – is essential,” Sean Kelly, chief executive of SnackNation said in a statement.
SnackNation curates and delivers snacks – a mix of bars, chips and trail mix from different brands to homes and offices. Its customers include Microsoft and Mailchimp and prices start at $249 per box.
The three-year-old company counts 150 employees on its payroll.
Manufacturing, retail and trade reporter Shwanika Narayan can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 323-556-8351. Follow her on Twitter @shwanika.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- SnackNation Acquires EdgiLife
- SnackNation: Big Data Meets Emerging Brands
- Snack Attack: SnackNation Uses Data-Driven Approach to Promote Growth
- Next Trucking Raises $21 Million in Series B Round
- Cargomatic Raises $35 Million Series B Round
- Silicon Beach Report May 30: Internet Trends Report Highlights Code Conference
- Sweetgreen Closes $200 Million Series H Round
- 3L Capital Raises $217 Million Fund to Invest in Local Startups