The annual Code Conference is happening in Rancho Palos Verdes this week and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers Partner Mary Meeker weighed in today on the state of the tech world with a 294-slide presentation, Recode reports. Some of the takeaways include slower growth of global cellphone adoption; increased time spent on the internet; and tech companies swelling share of U.S. GDP. The full slide show can be found here.
21st Century Fox Chief Executive James Murdock – also speaking at Code Conference – said about half of Santa Monica-based Hulu Inc.’s users pay $11.99 for an ad-free version of the companies streaming service, according to Recode. Murdock also said there was increased competition from outlets like Netflix Inc., but Hulu was “competing really well.”
Culver City-based SnackNation, which offers a snack box delivery service, said it raised $12 million in a Series B round led by 3L Capital. The funding haul brings SnackNation’s total capital raised to $22.5 million.
You May Also Like
- Silicon Beach Report Dec. 14: Disney to Gain Control of Hulu after 21st Century Fox Asset Acquisition
- Hulu Developing Subscription Service
- Silicon Beach Report April 11: Hulu and Spotify Announce Bundle Subscription
- Report: Hulu Close to Naming Mike Hopkins as CEO
- Silicon Beach Report April 10: Poll Shows Facebook Least-Trusted Tech Company
- Silicon Beach Report March 12: Lyft Grows Three Times Faster Than Uber
- Hulu in Talks to Sell Stake to Time Warner
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 14: Hulu Content Spending to Hit $2.5 Billion in 2017