WeWork Cos. Inc. is donating space at its 10250 Constellation Blvd location in Century City to house the headquarters of Clean Energy Smart Manufacturing Innovation Institute (CESMII), a $140 million partnership between UCLA, the City of Los Angeles, the U.S. Department of Energy and the private sector.
The New York-based co-working space company is giving CESMII enough space to house 30 people, according to a WeWork representative.
CESMII will become a member of WeWork, which will lease out other parts of the Century City property to other tenants. The institute’s previous headquarters were at UCLA.
The institute’s stated goal is to improve U.S. competitiveness by enabling smart manufacturing technology to make the manufacturing process cleaner and more efficient.
WeWork’s partnership with CESMII was announced May 9 at an event with WeWork Chief Executive Officer Adam Neumann and Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti.
Real estate reporter Ciaran McEvoy can be reached at email@example.com or (323) 556-8337.
You May Also Like
- Is Coworking Sustainable?
- Queen Mary Owner Urban Commons Moves to Century City
- WeWork Leasing Two Floors at One Culver in Culver City
- WeWork Opens Second Playa Vista Location
- Los Angeles to Donate Rent-Free Space to Manufacturing Institute
- WeWork to Open First El Segundo Location
- WeWork Adds El Segundo
- Obama Awards $70M to LA-based Manufacturing Institute