Dual-branded Hyatt hotels are under development near Los Angeles International Airport at 5959 W. Century Blvd, according to the hotel company and CaRE Development/5959, an affiliate of Westside-based California Real Estate Regional Center.
CaRE Development/5959 entered into a franchise agreement with a Hyatt affiliate to develop the 272-room Hyatt Place LAX and the 129-room Hyatt House LAX, the first such dual-branded Hyatt hotels in Los Angeles. The properties are expected to open in 2020.
Hyatt House will offer apartment-style suites while Hyatt Place “will bring the brand’s intuitive design, casual atmosphere, spacious guestrooms with distinct sleeping and living areas,” according to a company statement.
Brandon Feighner, director at CBRE Group’s hotel consulting unit, discussed the project in an April 30 story titled "Tailwind Pushes LAX Hotels Ahead."
LAX itself is undergoing a $14 billion renovation, which includes remodeling terminals, transportation improvements and a new concourse.
Real estate reporter Ciaran McEvoy can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or (323) 556-8337.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Office Building Near LAX to be Converted to Hyatt Hotels
- Hyatt Sees Double on LAX-Area Hotel Project
- Tailwind Pushes LAX Hotels Ahead
- $29M for Three-Story Office on Westside
- Downtown Distinction: Millennial Move-Ins
- WeWork Leasing Two Floors at One Culver in Culver City
- Culver City DoubleTree Hotel Acquired for $151.5M
- Westside Office Buildings Purchased for $42.5M