Mohamed Sobhy has over 27 years of accounting and auditing experience with public and private entities, and has significant expertise in auditing companies in the consumer and industrial products, construction and healthcare industries. He leads the Consumer Products Industry group in the Los Angeles marketplace. His clients with RSM include retail clients across various sectors, including gas stations and convenience stores, restaurants, and dental practices, each ranging between 150 to 400 locations, as well as global manufacturing and distribution clients with subsidiaries in more than 65 countries around the world.
Prior to RSM, Sobhy was an audit partner at BDO Seidman, where he conducted audit and consulting engagements in a wide range of industries including manufacturing, distribution and software. Previously with Arthur Andersen, he was the audit partner for multi-state and multi-national public and privately held companies in the manufacturing, distribution, retail, financial services and not-for-profit industries, as well as the lead partner for employee benefit plan audits.
In the past 12 months alone, Sobhy has secured several marquee clients for RSM, and as leader of consumer products group for the Los Angeles, has implemented best practices to achieve double-digit growth in that industry. He is also a leader in RSM’s national restaurant group. Within this role, he helps support industry growth by operating as a luminary for this industry and providing industry-specific expertise through collaboration within national and regional teams. Through his dedication to client service, regional and national leadership roles, and commitment to the business community, Sobhy has clearly established himself as an inspirational leader.
You May Also Like
- Most Influential Women in Accounting: DARCY WILSON-JONES
- Most Influential Women in Accounting: KAREN JONG
- Most Influential Minority CPAs: MOHAMED GHATTAS
- Economic Forecast & Trends 2018: DEAN JOAQUIN
- Most Influential Minority CPAs: MRUNAL PATEL
- State of Accounting: Doing Business in LA: Current Challenges and Potential Opportunities
- CUSTOM CONTENT: RSM Manufacturing Monitor Survey Results
- Most Influential Minority CPAs: KIMBERLY HUSAIN PALACIOS