Charleston, S.C.-based developer Greystar Real Estate Partners has purchased the 211-unit Pacific Court Apartments at 250 Pacific Ave. in Long Beach for $84.2 million, or nearly $400,000 per unit, according to CoStar Group Inc.
The property also contains about 35,000 square feet of retail space and 400 parking spaces. It’s located roughly equidistant from the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority Blue Line’s Downtown Long Beach and Pacific Avenue stations.
Greystar said in a statement that it plans to renovate all the buildings units as well as its common area.
“We were able to purchase this property at a discount to both replacement cost and recent transactions in the area,” said Kevin Kaberna, executive director and leader of Greystar’s U.S. investment platform, in a statement.
“We believe our proactive capital improvement strategy…will allow us to deliver a desirable asset that capitalizes on the property’s incredible location,” Kaberna said.
The previous listed owner is Meruelo Group in Downey, CoStar said.
Real estate reporter Ciaran McEvoy can be reached at email@example.com or (323) 556-8337.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Los Feliz Club Apartments Acquired for $55M
- San Dimas Apartment Complex Acquired for $78.5 Million
- West Covina Apartment Complex Sells for $74 Million
- West Covina Apartment Complex Acquired for $33.9 Million
- Vernon Cold Storage Facility Sells for $57.8 Million
- Hawthorne Apartment Complex Sells for $18.5M
- Highland Residences in Hollywood Sells for $52M
- Prologis Picks Up 31.2 Acres in Torrance