Accountant, lawyer and now banker, Kevin Kim made history helping to shepherd the first voluntary merger of equals between two Korean-American banks – Center Bank and Nara Bank – into BBCN. Then he did it again when BBCN joined with Wilshire Bank to create w, an institution with assets in excess of $14 billion that Kim now leads as chief executive. The deals have produced “the first truly regional Korean-American bank,” as noted on page 30 in the profile of the Business Journal’s Business Leader of the Year for 2018 in the Finance category.
The Business Journal singled out Michael Burke, chief executive of Century City-based engineering giant Aecom, as the Business Person of the Year for 2018 for his visionary execution of Aecom’s bold acquisition of larger rival, URS Corp., not to mention numerous other deals that have made the firm a global presence. Turn to page 20 to read about how Aecom is investing for the future, both globally and in its hometown.
2018 BUSINESS HALL OF FAME
BUSINESS PERSON OF THE YEAR
BUSINESS LEADER OF THE YEAR: SERVICES
BUSINESS LEADER OF THE YEAR:FINANCE
BUSINESS LEADER OF THE YEAR:REAL ESTATE
BUSINESS LEADER OF THE YEAR:EDUCATION
BUSINESS LEADER OF THE YEAR: HEALTH CARE
You May Also Like
- Notable HQs & IQs at Hall of Fame Awards
- Professor as Entrepreneur: UCLA’s Belldegrun on to Next Biopharma Enterprise
- Vested in Biotech: Doumani, Business Center Boons for UCLA
- Zealous Advocate All Around: Glaser Built Firm’s Lineup of Lawyers Into an 'Embarrassment of Riches'
- Zealous Advocate All Around
- Roy Doumani
- Aecom Buying URS for $6 Billion
- Pontifax AgTech Management Closes $105 Million Investment Fund