Clearlake Capital Group, the Santa Monica-based investment firm, announced it completed fundraising for its Fund V at $3.6 billion.
According to the press release, the fund was hard capped at $3.6 billion, exceeding its target and making it Clearlake’s largest private equity fund ever. The fund is already actively investing in Perforce Software, Diligent Corporation, Janus International, ProVation Medical and Wheel Pros.
“We are thankful and humbled by the opportunity to prudently invest on behalf of our prominent and expanding base of global Limited Partners,” said José E. Feliciano, Co-Founder and Managing Partner at Clearlake. “We believe that the interest in Fund V is an acknowledgment of Clearlake's superior track record and strategy. Clearlake brings deep industry knowledge and relationships, access to capital, and a flexible investment mandate to our partner management teams in our target sectors: industrials and energy, software and technology-enabled services, and consumer.”
Fund V received over 150 institutional investments from more than 25 countries and includes investors from both the public and private sectors. The closing of the fund brings Clearlake’s overall capital commitments to $7 billion.
Credit Suisse Securities (USA) LLC acted as advisor and placement agent for Fund V, while Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP served as legal adviser.
Technology reporter Eli Horowitz can be reached at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @coachhorowitz13 for the latest in L.A. tech news.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report March 16: Pray.com Raises $14 Million
- Clearlake Acquires Health Tech Company Symplr
- Deals & Dealmakers: Clearlake’s Cash Haul
- Clearlake to Purchase Glass Fiber Manufacturer
- Clearlake’s Symplr Acquires API Healthcare
- Clearlake Capital Invests in Video-Based Telematics for Car Fleets
- Clearlake Capital Acquires Perforce Software from Summit Partners
- Clearlake Capital Closes Third Fund