Clearlake Capital Group, the Santa Monica-based investment firm, announced it completed fundraising for its Fund V at $3.6 billion.
According to the press release, the fund was hard capped at $3.6 billion, exceeding its target and making it Clearlake’s largest private equity fund ever. The fund is already actively investing in Perforce Software, Diligent Corporation, Janus International, ProVation Medical and Wheel Pros.
“We are thankful and humbled by the opportunity to prudently invest on behalf of our prominent and expanding base of global Limited Partners,” said José E. Feliciano, Co-Founder and Managing Partner at Clearlake. “We believe that the interest in Fund V is an acknowledgment of Clearlake's superior track record and strategy. Clearlake brings deep industry knowledge and relationships, access to capital, and a flexible investment mandate to our partner management teams in our target sectors: industrials and energy, software and technology-enabled services, and consumer.”
Fund V received over 150 institutional investments from more than 25 countries and includes investors from both the public and private sectors. The closing of the fund brings Clearlake’s overall capital commitments to $7 billion.
Credit Suisse Securities (USA) LLC acted as advisor and placement agent for Fund V, while Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP served as legal adviser.
Technology reporter Eli Horowitz can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @coachhorowitz13 for the latest in L.A. tech news.
You May Also Like
- Silicon Beach Report March 16: Pray.com Raises $14 Million
- Deals & Dealmakers: Clearlake’s Cash Haul
- Clearlake Capital Invests in Video-Based Telematics for Car Fleets
- Clearlake Capital Closes Third Fund
- Clearlake Capital Acquires Perforce Software from Summit Partners
- Clearlake Capital Agrees to Acquire Enterprise Software Firm
- Silicon Beach Report March 12: Lyft Grows Three Times Faster Than Uber
- Clearlake Capital Invests in 3ality Digital