Jaanuu Inc., makers of scrubs for medical professionals made a foray into men’s medical clothing by launching two new collections, the company announced June 20.
The El Segundo-based company’s new line is inspired by “professional and athletic design aesthetics” and retails between $49 and $59. The company previously designed and manufactured scrubs for a female clientele.
"…We wanted to provide a similar solution for men in the medical field, and we are excited to cross into a new era today with the launch of Jaanuu for men,” Shaan Sethi, chief executive of Jaanuu said in a statement.
Jaanuu was founded in 2013 by Sethi and his pediatrician sister, Dr. Neela Sethi Young. The company counts 50 employees on its payroll and has raised $7.6 million in venture funding, according to Bloomberg.
Manufacturing, retail and trade reporter Shwanika Narayan can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 323-556-8351. Follow her on Twitter @shwanika.
You May Also Like
- So Who Says Med Scrubs Aren’t Sexy?
- Family Fashion
- Brian Lee, Ron Burkle-backed Medical Apparel Startup Jaanuu Raises $5 Million from Retail Execs
- Scrubs Maker Cleans Up
- CPB Pilot Program to Cut Payment Time by Half
- OSI Systems Gets $10 Million Contract
- Clothing Label Reformation Raises $25 Million
- Doctoring Scrubs’ Image