Torrance company contracted by Homeland Security; Quest International expands in Europe; Scratchpay gets $6.4M in series A funding
Intellisense Software Corp., working under the name Intellisense Systems, located in Torrance and producer of weather-monitoring technology originally developed for the U.S. Military, is now teaming up with the City of Torrance Office of Emergency Services. According to SoCal Tech, Intellisense reports the partnership is mostly to evaluate their product, a three-pound device that can detect floods and detect weather trends. The evaluation will span across several states and is sponsored by the Department of Homeland Security science and technology directorate.
Irvine-headquartered Quest International Inc., provider of supply chain logistics and field services for businesses, is expanding their offices overseas, Business Wire reports. The facility, located near Frankfurt International Airport in Germany, has been open since 2010, though this is its first expansion.
Eagle Rock’s Scratch Financial Inc., doing business as Scratchpay, announced June 19 that it received $6.4 million in series A funding, the Business Journal reports. Struck Capital, TTV Capital, SWS Venture Capital, and Companion Fund, underwrote the funding round. Companion Fund calls itself the first pet-centered venture capital firm, with assets totaling $100 million.
Tech reporter Samson Amore can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or (323) 556-8335. Follow him on Twitter @samsonamore.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Scratchpay Lands $6.4M in Series A Funding
- Silicon Beach Report June 18: Robot Maker Gets $22 Million Series A
- Silicon Beach Report June 12: Bird Looking to Raise More Cash at $2 Billion Valuation
- Flo Technologies Announces $28 Million Series B
- Signal Sciences Raises $35M
- Silicon Beach Report June 14: Influential Secures $12 Million in Series B Funding
- FabFitFun Raises $80 Million
- Silicon Beach Report July 24: March Capital Partners Raises $12 Million