Bird Scooters seeks $2 billion valuation; cannabis lifestyle media company raises $8 million series A; Phyn adds Devesa to executive team
Weeks after it announced raising $150 million and a $1 billion valuation, electric scooter rental company Bird reported to Axios today that it will seek an additional $200 million in funding. Bird, whose original $150 million effort was led by Sequoia Capital, has not announced if Sequoia will manage this venture as well. By comparison, Bird’s chief rival, Lime, is valued at $750 billion.
Prohbtd Media Inc., a pot-centered media production company based in Culver City, announced today it received $8 million in Series A funding, bringing its total valuation to $12 million. The company reports its lead investment came from Delavaco Group, with additional celebrity support, including investments from actor and musician Donald Glover and DJ Axwell Hedfors.
Phyn, a privately-owned smart water management company based in Torrance, has named Mariel Devesa as its newest head of global business development. The company is known for its Phyn Plus Smart Water Assistant + Shutoff device, which monitors automatically detects plumbing anomalies and monitors an entire home’s plumbing system based on minute pressure changes.
Tech reporter Samson Amore can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or (323) 556-8335. Follow him on Twitter @samsonamore.
You May Also Like
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 15: AuditBoard Nets $40 Million
- Silicon Beach Report July 3: Creators Capitalize on Snap Commerce
- Silicon Beach Report June 29: Bird Raises $300 Million
- Silicon Beach Report May 29: Is Bird the First Scooter Unicorn?
- Silicon Beach Report July 10: Bird Scooters Banned in Milwaukee
- Silicon Beach Report July 27: Bird Rides Expands to Oregon
- Santa Monica Selects Scooter Companies for Shared-Mobility Pilot
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 13: Leaf Group Raises $23.3 Million in Secondary Offering