Santa Monica-based PlayVS, which aims to build a high school e-sports infrastructure, has raised a $15 million Series A round, TechCrunch reports. Backers include Dollar Shave club founder Michael Dubin, CrossCut Ventures and rapper Nas.
West L.A.-based health care fund Wavemaker Three Sixty Healthcare recently launch with $25 million in funding, and co-founder Jay Goss details some of the firm’s strategy in an interview with SoCal Tech. The fund will look to invest in early-stage companies with a focus on companies with under $10 million in revenue and in the digital health space.
Monrovia-based AeroVironment Inc. sold for $35 million its Efficient Energy Solutions business unit to Webasto Group, according to a press release. AeroVironment said the divestiture would allow it to focus more on its other business lines.
You May Also Like
- PlayVS Announces ‘Season Zero’ Launch Date
- PlayVS Makes Play for E-Sports in High Schools
- Digital Play in L.A.
- AeroVironment Reports Profit Following Divestment in EV Charger Business
- AeroVironment, JPL to Develop NASA Mars Drone
- Silicon Beach Report Dec. 6: J2 Global Acquires Everyday Health for $465M
- The Most Influential Intellectual Property Attorneys In Los Angeles: KENT GOSS
- Silicon Beach Report Jan. 10: Snap Inc. Places International Headquarters in London