Santa Monica-based PlayVS, which aims to build a high school e-sports infrastructure, has raised a $15 million Series A round, TechCrunch reports. Backers include Dollar Shave club founder Michael Dubin, CrossCut Ventures and rapper Nas.
West L.A.-based health care fund Wavemaker Three Sixty Healthcare recently launch with $25 million in funding, and co-founder Jay Goss details some of the firm’s strategy in an interview with SoCal Tech. The fund will look to invest in early-stage companies with a focus on companies with under $10 million in revenue and in the digital health space.
Monrovia-based AeroVironment Inc. sold for $35 million its Efficient Energy Solutions business unit to Webasto Group, according to a press release. AeroVironment said the divestiture would allow it to focus more on its other business lines.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 21: $30 Million for PlayVS
- PlayVS Announces ‘Season Zero’ Launch Date
- PlayVS Makes Play for E-Sports in High Schools
- Digital Play in L.A.
- AeroVironment, JPL to Develop NASA Mars Drone
- AeroVironment Reports Profit Following Divestment in EV Charger Business
- Silicon Beach Report Dec. 5: Hyperloop Transportation Technologies Creates New Venture
- Silicon Beach Report Dec. 6: J2 Global Acquires Everyday Health for $465M