Wheel Pros, a portfolio company of Santa Monica-based private equity firm Clearlake Capital, announced June 4 the acquisition Amcor Industries Inc. of Vernon. Deal terms were undisclosed.
Denver-based Wheel Pros is a marketer and distributor of aftermarket automotive wheels, performance and accessories. Automotive aftermarket refers to a secondary market involving the sale and repair of parts after a vehicle has been sold by the original equipment manufacturer.
Amcor designs, manufactures, and sells branded lug nuts and other automotive accessories. The company also does business as Gorilla Automotive Products.
“Wheel Pros is a clear market leader in automotive aftermarket wheels, and the acquisition of Gorilla is highly complementary to Wheel Pros' existing products,” Clearlake co-founder José E. Feliciano said in a statement.
Manufacturing, retail and trade reporter Shwanika Narayan can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 323-556-8351. Follow her on Twitter @shwanika.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Deals & Dealmakers: More Marijuana Millions
- Clearlake to Purchase Glass Fiber Manufacturer
- Century Park Capital Partners’ Portfolio Company Makes Fourth Acquisition
- OpenGate Capital to Sell Nakan for $265 Million
- Big Chunk of Vernon Cold Storage Changes Hands
- Vance Street Capital Invests in Aerospace Maker
- Private Equity Firm OpenGate Sells Paper Company
- PE Roundup: Private Equity Deals And Funds Announced This Week