Green Hasson Janks
Tom Barry, a certified public accountant, has been at Green Hasson Janks since 1997. The managing partner of the Los Angeles firm describes his role as a mix of entrepreneur, partner, consultant, mentor and business advisor. Barry provides his clients with audit and accounting, tax and general business consulting services. He also advises clients looking to buy or sell businesses. He works with companies in a range of industries including waste management and recycling, manufacturing, distribution and the restaurant industry. Barry leads the firm’s Waste and Recycling Practice, and is active in the firm’s Nonprofit Practice and Employee Benefit Plan Practice. He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the California Society of CPAs and is on the accounting advisory board of Loyola Marymount University.
What was your proudest moment?
I have been blessed with a wonderful family that makes me proud every day.
What is your alma mater?
Villanova University undergrad, Pepperdine MBA
What is your next project?
The firm is rolling out a variety of new initiatives in regard to employee engagement and the client experience. Technology is significantly disputing how we do business and these initiatives will be crucial to our continued success.
Who is your hero?
Elon Musk. He is disrupting our world in many ways, and anyone working on innovations to fix traffic on the 405 is clearly a hero to us all!
What do you like best about Los Angeles?
I love the diversity of the city, in regard to both its people and the variety of experiences it offers. It is the fabric of who we are and a key element to our joint success.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Influential Women in Accounting: DONELLA WILSON
- Most Influential Women in Accounting: DONELLA WILSON
- Most Influential Minority CPAs: ANANT PATEL
- CFO Awards 2017 Nominees: Sustainability is this CFO’s Secret Ingredient
- State of Accounting - Points of View from the Accounting Leaders' Desks: How Technology and Innovation are Driving the Future of Accounting
- Los Angeles Business Journal Women's Council:Executive of the Year (Small/Midsize Company) WINNER - DONELLA WILSON
- Sustainability is this CFO’s Secret Ingredient
- Most Influential Women in Accounting: POLINA CHAPIRO