Green Dot Corp.
Steve Streit is chief executive of Green Dot Corp., a bank holding company he founded in 1999. Streit is a pioneer in the prepaid debit card industry and an advocate for low- and moderate-income communities. Green Dot is the largest provider of reloadable prepaid debit cards in the U.S. and is a leader in mobile banking and financial technology. The company became a bank holding company in 2011 with the purchase of Bonneville Bank in Provo, Utah. The company expanded its offerings to include GoBank, a FDIC- insured checking account. Streit founded Patti’s Way, a foundation that assists low-income single mothers and their children, which is named for his mother. Streit also volunteers as a mentor for Los Angeles County foster children.
You May Also Like
- LA 500: Steve Streit
- Florida Investigating Green Dot, Other Prepaid Debit Companies
- Green Dot Buys Card Processing Firm eCommLink
- The Money Book: Steven W. Streit
- Green Dot Investor Seeks to Remove Chairman
- Debit Card Firm Slides Into New Role at Wal-Mart
- Prepaid Card King Draws a Big Rival
- Analysts Give Some Credit to Debit Card Company