Sean Parker, the co-founder of Napster and former president of Facebook Inc., operates a $600 million foundation that focuses on life sciences, global public health and civic engagement. He also donated $250 million to create the Parker Institute for Cancer Immunotherapy in 2016, which has funded cutting-edge gene-editing technology in the battle against cancer. Parker is well-known for helping launch the social media giant Facebook, as well as his long-term association with the Founders Fund, a venture capital firm he joined as managing partner in 2005. He also co-founded Causes in 2014, which developed an application for Facebook users to mobilize groups of people for the purposes of advocacy and to solicit donations for philanthropic purposes.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- LA 500: Sean Parker
- Wealthiest Angelenos: 4, Sean Parker
- 3. Sean Parker
- Wealthiest Angelenos: 3. SEAN PARKER
- Sean Parker Starts Cancer Immunotherapy Effort
- Sean Parker's Institute Backs Cancer Firm ImaginAb's $8M Funding Round
- Wealthiest Angelenos: 9, Sean Parker
- Silicon Beach Report June 26: Sean Parker Leaves Spotify Board