RON S. GALPERIN
City of Los Angeles
Ron Galperin was re-elected city controller for Los Angeles in 2017. He is the first Neighborhood Council member elected to citywide office in L.A. Galperin’s audits have recommended changes to policy that deliver more transparency and identified millions of taxpayer dollars that can be spent more efficiently. His website, www.lacontroller.org, also includes millions of reams of data allowing anyone to pore through the city’s checkbook and see where and when it spends its money. Prior to his election as controller in 2013, Galperin served as a leading voice for government reform and spent 20 years as an attorney and small business owner. As chairman of the Los Angeles City Commission on Revenue Efficiency, Galperin found new revenue sources and budget savings, both of which could be used to deliver more city services to residents.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- LA 500: Ron S. Galperin
- RON GALPERIN
- L.A. City Controller Runs Numbers by Business
- L.A. Controller Calls for Overhaul of Police Permits for Businesses
- Controller Reveals Massive Increase in City Overtime
- Well of a Plan
- Traffic Concerns Grow as LAX Upgrades Continue
- Los Angeles City Revenue Better Than Expected