ROD HOCHMAN, MD
President, Chief Executive
Providence St. Joseph Health
Dr. Rod Hochman is president and chief executive of Providence St. Joseph Health. The 160-year-old health system, which includes 50 hospitals and 829 clinics in California and six other Western states, was formed in 2016 with the merger of Providence Health & Services and the St. Joseph Health System. The nonprofit contributed $100 million to establish an independent mental health treatment foundation shortly after the merger was announced. There were discussions in late 2017 about another merger between Providence St. Joseph and Ascension Health, according to published reports, but the idea was ultimately shelved. Hochman is on the board of the American Hospital Association. He also is chairman of the board of trustees for the Catholic Health Association. He received the Vision and Excellence in Health Care Leadership Award from the Partners in Care Foundation in 2017 and was named Innovator of the Year in 2015 by Press Ganey. He served as a clinical fellow in internal medicine at Harvard Medical School and Dartmouth Medical School. He is a Fellow of the American College of Physicians and of the American College of Rheumatology.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- St. Joseph, Operator of L.A. Hospitals, in Talks to Merge
- TOP DOCTORS LOS ANGELES: CARDIOLOGY
- Providence on Trend With Strategic Direction
- TOP DOCTORS LOS ANGELES: ORTHOPEDICS AND SPORTS MEDICINE
- TOP DOCTORS LOS ANGELES: PEDIATRICS
- TOP DOCTORS LOS ANGELES: GYNECOLOGY AND OBSTETRICS
- TOP DOCTORS LOS ANGELES: INTERNAL MEDICINE
- TOP DOCTORS LOS ANGELES: COSMETIC AND RECONSTRUCTIVE SURGERY