Mark Attanasio is a co-founder and managing partner of Crescent Capital, an alternative credit investment firm specializing in debt securities with about $25 billion in assets under management and more than 160 employees as of the end of 2017. The company was founded in 1991, acquired by TCW in 1995 and re-established as a standalone firm in 2010. Prior to Crescent Capital, Attanasio worked as an investment banker at Drexel Burnham Lambert Inc. and as an attorney at Debevoise & Plimpton. Attanasio is also the principal owner and chairman of the Milwaukee Brewers baseball team. He is a member of the Major League Baseball’s Finance and Compensation Committee, Investment Committee and Labor Policy Committee. He serves on the boards of Heal the Bay, the Los Angeles County Museum of Art and Harvard-Westlake School.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- LA 500: Mark Attanasio
- The Money Book: Mark Attanasio
- Crescent Launches $250M Blank Check Co.
- Crescent Acquisition Corp. Begins Trading on Nasdaq
- Crescent Capital Group Finances Purchase of European Pharmacies
- L.A. Investor Purchases Baseball's Milwaukee Brewers
- Bruce Karsh
- Bond-Focused Firm Pursues Alternative Strategies