JON FAVREAU, TOMMY VIETOR & JON LOVETT
Crooked Media/Pod Save America
Former White House staffers Jon Favreau, Tommy Vietor and Jon Lovett launched political commentary podcast Pod Save America in Los Angeles shortly after the 2016 election. The founders have drawn a devoted fan base (averaging about 1.7 million listeners per episode) while building a growing network of political and pop culture podcasts, a newsletter, merchandise and events, all under the Crooked Media banner. There are now 11 podcasts in the Crooked Media network hosted by Favreau, Vietor and Lovett, and contributors Dan Pfeiffer, Ana Marie Cox, DeRay McKesson, Ira Madison III, Jason Kander and Erin Ryan. The hosts discuss the news of the day and have interviewed guests such as Barack Obama, Joe Biden, Madeleine Albright and Elizabeth Warren. The three founders and their fellow podcast contributors also have taken the show on the road with a packed schedule of personal appearances across the country and, earlier this year, around Europe.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 12: Bird Taps Uber for Executive Hires
- Podcast Hub: Mixed Bag in Flux
- Silicon Beach Report April 27: K-Swiss Teams With Immortals, $2.7M for Girls’ Social Network, WME Expands Podcast Portfolio
- Beleaguered LA Weekly Names Staffer as Interim Editor
- Richard Lovett
- Agency Will Try to Get Americans' Moto Mojo Working
- Podcast Network Operator Ready to Talk the Talk
- 'Jungle Book 2' in the Works