99 Cents Only Stores
Jack Sinclair was named chief executive of 99 Cents Only Stores in February, following the retirement of Geoffrey Covert. Sinclair joined the company in 2015 as chief merchandising and marketing officer. He previously led retail giant Walmart’s grocery business for 7 years, a position that included oversight of about 4,000 grocery stores. The Glasgow, Scotland, native also spent 14 years at Safeway PLC in London overseeing operations, merchandising and marketing. City of Commerce-based 99 Cents Only Stores was founded in 1982 and currently operates 391 stores in California, Texas, Arizona and Nevada. Sinclair is on the board of trustees at Westmont College in Santa Barbara, where his daughter studied. He holds a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Strathclyde in Glasgow.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Jack Sinclair Named Chief Executive of 99 Cents Only Stores
- Big Bill Ahead
- Shoppers to Find More Cents Here, Dollars There
- Bargain Hunter Checks Out 99 Cents Only
- Penny Wise
- 99 Cents Only Posts Loss, Shares Decline
- Free Parking Finds a Spot in Hearts of Shoppers
- Downturn In Economy Pushes Up Sales at Discount Chain