HERB J. WESSON JR.
City Council President,
Councilman, Council District 10
City of Los Angeles
Herb Wesson represents Council District 10 in Los Angeles and has served as the body’s president since November 2011. Wesson chairs the rules, elections, intergovernmental relations and neighborhoods committee; board of referred powers; and the ad hoc committee that helped Los Angeles land the Summer Olympics in 2028. He is the vice chairman of the ad hoc committee on comprehensive job creation. Wesson is the first African- American to hold the position of council president in the city’s history and has been re-elected three times to the post. During his tenure, Wesson has presided over policy initiatives including pension reform, raising the minimum wage and consolidating city elections to increase voter turnout.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- LA 500: Herb J. Wesson Jr.
- L.A. Council Inaugurates Panel on Business and Jobs
- Boeing Space Ace Bullish on Business
- City of L.A. Committee to Work on Job Creation
- Ryu Tops Business-Backed Ramsay in Council Race
- Troubled Koreatown Karaoke Bar an Election Issue
- Election Sets Off Chain Reaction of Contests
- Englander to Leave L.A. City Council to Join Oak View