Port of Los Angeles
Gene Seroka has been executive director of the Port of Los Angeles since 2014, a position he received from Mayor Eric Garcetti. As head of the busiest container port in North America, Seroka is responsible for managing a $1 billion-plus budget, advancing major capital projects, growing cargo volumes and promoting innovative and sustainable practices. He interacts with a wide range of stakeholders, including port customers worldwide, supply chain partners, labor, community members, and elected and appointed officials at all levels. Seroka previously served on the U.S. Department of Commerce Advisory Committee on Supply Chain Competitiveness and the Federal Maritime Commission Supply Chain Innovation Team, among others.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Mayor Appoints New Port Chief
- LA 500: Gene Seroka
- Port City Leaders Pledge Cooperation to Boost Competitiveness
- 2016 Container Traffic Up at Port of Los Angeles, Down at Port of Long Beach
- L.A. Mayor Garcetti to Lead Trade Mission to East Asia
- GENE SEROKA
- Port of L.A. Will Welcome Enormous Anchor Tenant
- Search Underway for New Port of L.A. Director