GENE D. BLOCK
University of California, Los Angeles
Gene Block is the chancellor of UCLA, overseeing the university’s $7.5-billion budget, more than 43,000 students, 4,300 faculty and 42,000 employees. He is a professor of psychiatry and biobehavioral sciences in the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA. Block has served on the boards of the Association of American Universities, National Collegiate Athletic Association, Association of Public and Land grant Universities and the Association of Pacific Rim Universities. He also has received many awards, including the Commonwealth of Virginia Outstanding Public Service Award and the Los Angeles NAACP Foundation President’s Award. He is a member of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences and a fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- LA 500: Gene D. Block
- Report Finds UCLA Impact on the State Economy Tops $11B
- LA 500: John C. Mazziotta
- UCLA Receives $25M Gift from Local Real Estate CEO for Humanities and Philosophy Studies
- UC President OKs UCLA Anderson Self-Sufficiency Plan
- UCLA Business School Plan May Get a Rewrite
- INTERVIEW---Solid Academic Standing
- USC, UCLA and CalTech Receive $3.75 Million Federal Grant